AWC offers gravity clarifiers for a variety of applications. Depending on application, AWC clarifiers can be used to settle flocculated water, or to precipitate out minerals in pH-adjusted water. For potable water applications, unique to AWC, tube settler clarifiers are designed with a proprietary algorithm that ensures uniform distribution (<5% maldistribution) across the entire length of the clarifier. No other manufacturer offers this, which makes the AWC tube settler clarifier the best performing in this industry niche. AWC clarifiers typically include mixing and chemical systems and are most often paired with other AWC treatment technologies, like flocculation and filtration, to provide a complete treatment solution for many industrial and commercial applications.
- Simple, robust process technology
- Can be paired with integral mixing, filtration and other technologies
- A variety of materials available to ensure chemical compatibility
- Industry-leading flow distribution
- Fully automated, low maintenance
AWC contact clarifiers feature an up-flow design through a large-diameter non-buoyant media. The torturous path through the media acts as a mixer providing flocculation and clarification. Unlike buoyant media, the AWC design has a higher turndown capability with media options depending on the application. Most often, AWC’s contact clarifiers are provided with integral media filters, providing EPA and CGDWQ compliant drinking water.
- Small footprint
- Robust, proven technology
- Provided with integral media filtration and other ancillary equipment
- Simple, low maintenance operation
Dissolved Air Flotation
AWC is a leader in dissolved air flotation (DAF) technology. AWC has been designing and manufacturing DAF systems for over 40 years in both package plants as well as large concrete plant envelopes. In 2020, AWC acquired the DAF intellectual property from Leopold, a pioneer in high-rate DAF applications, further bolstering AWC’s leadership in the space. DAF technology is used in many industrial and municipal applications, ranging across potable water, process water and wastewater use cases. In addition to superior treatment performance, DAF technology can significantly reduce footprint and is often viewed as a superior alternative to ballasted clarifiers. DAF is an excellent candidate for converting old clarification / filtration basins to significantly increase plant capacity in an existing footprint.
- Very small footprint when compared to other types of clarification
- Flow rates ranging from 50 GPM to in excess of 200 MGD
- Excellent candidate for upgrading old basins to increase plant capacity
- Can be paired with In-Filter DAF technology to further reduce plant footprint
- Excellent performance for organics, color and TSS reduction, handling algae and thickening applications